[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >> Thanks for the interesting idea Hassan. I agree that a thin membrane
> >>  keyboard integrated into the back surface of an MD portable would be
> >>  very cool. I'm forwarding your note to the MD mailing list. -Rick >>
>
> > Somebody out there should write some kind of program or design some piece of
> > hardware to allow MD users to use one of those hella cool folding keyboards
> > designed from use with PDA's.  THat would be worth my money
>
> My Ericsson mobile phone (GF768) and all new Ericsson phones have a plugin
> keyboard about 10cm x 5cm to allow easy SMS.  The same principles could
> be applied to MD ... it would not be hard to design a similar system using the
> remote input pins to accept the mini keyboard.  The buttons are smallish but
> well spaced so hitting a wrong button is rare (even easier to use with the end of a
> pen) ... The mini keyboard could have direct connection to the MD unit or via
> a short 10cm cable (so you can rest it on a desk or similar flat surface).
> Cost ??? well the Ericsson mini keyboard is $50 AUD sometimes even free
> with certain mobile plans.  So at about $30 USD I think it'd sell like hotcakes!!
>
> Just another idea for the marketing and research guys to work on.  You would think
> that a company as large as Sony would encourage ideas from it's users and at least
> be "snooping" on this list cause THIS is where all the best ideas I've ever read
> regarding MD have come from ....
>
> Cheers   GC

Just add a PS/2 interface to the portable and the problem is solved....

They did it for the home-decks, why not for portables?

Cheers,
Ralph -> Unless the problem lies in the fact that PS/2 keyboards have
         no End-Search button.....
Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE