the trouble is automation with md, if you want to record long programs, and
still use stereo, you can't because there's no changers on the market that
hold lots of md's. What would be more usefull is if it could control your
tuner/satellite system to go to certain channels at certain times.
Can you record from the c-band satellite receivers that are usually set for
TV channels, like just to get the audio of a program? Much more compact for
recording news and other things that the visual part can be eliminated than
wasting video tapes to record just audio to see a black screen.