Subject: MD: 630 opinions?

>Howdy.   The Sony MDS-JE630 has dropped a bit in price at the local
>store.   Being it has digital record level and keyboard input, it
>sounds like a fun upgrade, even before my current recorder dies.
>Anyone have good or bad experiences with this baby?

I just got one.  The keyboard port is fantastic!  Some of the
interface is not as slick as my R50 however.  No end-search that I
have found.  No simple way to place a track mark (R50 has dedicated
button for this).  No simple way to delete a track (R50 has dedicated
button for this).  Not as simple to synchro-record with an optically
connected Sony CD player.  So in some ways Sony has failed to deliver
on the simple to use interface of the R50, but... it does have the
keyboard and digital level control.

-John