Richard Lang answered John Dasch,

| Track Marks are reasonably easy on the 520, while recording you just push
| the record button again and it marks a new track.  Admittedly adding track
| marks to a recorded MD is a little harder, you go through the edit menu to
| divide and divide the track, a similar process using combine to remove track
| marks.  I agree this would be easier if there was a single track mark button
| for use during playbank or record.

During playback, if you don't want to use the rehearsal feature and you want
just to add a mark as the point passes as on the R50, press AMS and then YES.
It's not that much more difficult than on the R50: you just omit the step of
rehearsal if you feel you can caught the point precisely enough with your
finger as it passed.

The 630 surely works the same.  On the W1, it is even simpler: just press AMS
twice (can't guess whether that would work on the 630) as the division point
passes if you don't want to rehearse it to position it precisely.