Take a look at www.page-arcanum.co.uk - a very small-scale site I recently
designed. The music section there sounds like what you are looking to
produce. Linking the files so they stream (preferred method) is done as
follows.

Encode the audio to a 'rm' file. It's best if you do this at about 16kbps so
that modem users can listen to it too.
Make a 'ram' file in notepad which contains the full URL of where the file
is.
ie, you wouldn't put "music/tune.rm" in the file, you would put
'http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk/music/tune.rm' instead (without quotes)
and save the file. All a ram file is, is a pointer to where the actual music
file is. You put a standard link to the ram file on your HTML pages like
this....
<A HREF="music/tune.ram">Click here for my tune</A>

Hope this helps!

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]