I think that is incorrect.  The data has been written to the disc every
40 seconds during the recording phase.  Since the data has been written
to the disc and it should be recoverable if you haven't over written it
by recording more on the disc.  What you need to do is clone the TOC
from another disc  onto the one you just recorded on.  I think there are
instructions on the MD webpage... and of course, you have to have a
recorder that can do TOC cloning.

Kheops GlassArt wrote:

> Unfortunately, if you haven't edit the MD before you will not be able to
> recover your data... The TOC must have been done in order to listen or work
> on the data on the mini disc...
>
> The best thing when your record a show is to edit it one or two time during
> the show in ideal moment... I have lived the same as you with a rare
> bootleg... I had bought a rare bootleg and I was about to move a track on
> it... There was the first time I used my Sharp 702 and the battery was dead
> and my MD was empty after... It was a Blank Disk...
>
> After that I bought a Sony MD recorder...
>
> See ya...
>
> Jack

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways