Ok Im still a newbie when it comes to recording ... well no ... but I
thought I'd get myself a 3.5mm - 3.5mm lead to record from the PC to MD
and yes it seems to work.

Now the user manual for the MZ-R55 talks about additional track marks
being added due to poor noise quality but I didnt expect this...

Watched while the recording was happening  ... shows one track at
7.47mins BUT when the TOC Edit function  finished I had 13-17 tracks
most of them were 0sec in length a few up to 30sec (with bits of the
original track) and I had one track that was 7.30mins in length

And I cant even remove the track marks as some of those short tracks
contain parts of another track and dont fit in

Tell me I'm crazy .. tell me its the the MD i used ... but .... what the
&**#@$%$#% does this mean?

Damien