From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Ralph Smeets
Sent: 22 March 2000 10:51
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MD: listener fatigue

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have a problem with recordings. If I like something, I tend to listen to
> it a lot, until I reach a point where I really don't enjoy it any more. In
> this way I have made many classic albums unlistenable. Nowadays, I tend to
> ration myself to a maximum of 3 or four plays per recording per year, and
> find myself in the paradoxical position that the more I like something,
the
> less I dare to play to it.
>
> A couple of times, people have mentioned making compilations of their
> favourite tracks. For me this would be a nightmare. Does anyone else have
> this problem, or a strategy to avoid it ?

Same problem, differnt strategy. I keep about 5-7 MDs in my car (I mainly
listen to MD in the car). This set of MDs are swapped with another set of
5-7 MDs each week! In fact, I rotate the discs.

Cheers,
Ralph -> listening in circles.....

Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE