Heya,

>In double-play monoaural mode, does the MD recorder record (1) at half
>speed, or (2) does the recorder use the areas that would be marked as
>left and right channels in stereo as separate mono areas?

It stores the data differently I think, just as one data stream, but
only stores 1 channel (combined). Remember a MD is more like a HD then
a tape/lp, no set out audio tracks. So nothing is premarked out.

It's just a slightly different type of ATRAC encoding I would have
thought.

>(I know that's somewhat difficult to understand, but please do your
>best.)
Heh, good luck understanding my bit ;)

Peter.
--
"We do not ask for money, only knowledge." -- Me.
Peter Wood ([EMAIL PROTECTED])