> I don't want to carry around £250's worth anymore, I don't really want
> to at college, but there you go. I need a cheap and relativly small
> playback only model.
>
> I'll take Sony or Sharp ;), anyone got a recommendation for a smallish
> cheap playback only model?
>
> K' thanks guys,
>
> Peter.

If you can bear to swap brands, the Aiwa HX70 is pretty good, you can pick
one of them up cheap now. My brother got one for xmas, he's still very happy
with it.

Otherwise, Superfi (http://www.superfi.co.uk) have details of the new Sony
players - I think the cheapest one (E60?) was about 120 UKP.

(by the way, if you get Endsleigh student insurance, you can insure stuff on
"all risks" for about 4UKP per 100UKP of value. Thus it'd cost 10UKP a year
to have your 722 covered for theft, accidental damage, loss, etc anywhere
within the UK and 30 days within the EU (handy for holidays). I just put my
R55 & Discman on that and I don't have to worry about them).

--
Simon