Hey fellas,

Decided to get adventurous today and took apart my MZ-R90 (Japanese model).
Quite a hassle as you have to remove the battery hatch (which is possible
without doing any permanent damage, just need to slide it off with a little
force).  But here is (what I presume to be) the IC chip# which may shed some
light on the ATRAC version...

CXD2660GA

I recall the R55 used the CXD2652, so I reckon this means the ATRAC was
upgraded?  I remember once seeing a chart on minidisc.org which related chip
numbers with ATRAC version, but I can't seem to find it.  If anyone could
help...

--Brian Youn--
The University of Texas at Austin
Electrical and Computer Engineering, 4th Year
Go Lakers!