> I don't see any minidisc slot on it... it must be junk then.

It does have an MD connection slot and an MD component button on the front.  It is
"MD ready".  I didn't say it had a built-in MD.

My friend already has one.  I think it could work for my needs, that's all.  Okay,
I don't really need any two analogue tape decks, but I guess they're nice to have
just in case.

Thanks.

Richard