JR Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Well why are all the memorex discs I buy have no problems and have been
>stepped on and not cracked? Do I have a horseshoe up my ass when it comes
>to blank MD's?

It just means you've had good experiences with them, nothing more.

>And, umm... while just about every place here sells MD stuff  (hell, CVS
>sells 3 packs of blanks) I cannot find any Hi Space. It's like they don't
>exist.

That's because TDK, Maxell, Memorex, Sony, etc. are all mass-market,
sell-everything-in-the-world brands. Most mass market retailers only but
products from companies that can supply them with lots of stuff. Since
Hi-Space is a specialty company, you won't find their products in Circuit
City.

Check out <http://www.minidisco.com/> and their PR for Hi-Space discs:

   Minidisco labs thoroughly tested these discs, and we love them.
   Some of the lowest error rates we've ever seen, and the disc flap
   housing uses a heavier embedded spring for durability.

   ...and you can drive a car over them! In pursuit of truth,
   yesterday I got someone to drive their car over a (HiSpace)
   minidisc. Front and back wheels, 2 mph. After I wiped off the dust,
   the only visible effect was a small dent in the shutter, which does
   not stop it sliding. I also dropped it out the window several times
   onto concrete (4 metres), it usually landed flat, but when it
   landed on a corner, there was small scratch. The disc still plays.

   What's else is special about Hi-Space MiniDiscs?

   * Total compliance with every type of MiniDisc drive on the
   market ensured by perfect control of the pre-groove geometry of the
   disc during the mastering process.
   * Outstanding durability thanks to a protective lacquer developed
   by MPO. This lacquer offers excellent resistance to abrasion, a low
   friction coefficient and guarantees two million recordings without
   any measurable wear or increase in friction.
   * Operation under extreme conditions of use thanks to the
   composition, homogeneity and thickness of the magneto-optical
   layer. Even when exposed to the extreme temperatures or used in
   drives running on low-power batteries, Hi-SpaceTM MiniDiscs
   guarantee optimum sound quality.