Hi, Roger,

> I have a MZ-R55 and a SB-Live soundcard with SPDIF IN/OUT and was
> wondering if there is a way to hook up my portable recorder to my PC and
> burn my minidiscs as CD's?  I have seen plenty of cables for hooking up
> decks to PC's, but nothing on portables--is it possible?  Someone please
> help.  Thanks.

Now, because your portable (most probably) doesn't have a digital output, the only way
to do this is to use a analog stero minijack to minijack cable, plug it into the
line-out of your minidisc player and into the line in of your SB Live! (the third plug
from the game port) and use WaveLab or any other wave editing/recording soft to record
your minidiscs as .WAV files, which int turn you can then burn onto CD-R.
Digital harddisc recording would only be possible with a digital extension (as
manufactured by Hoontech) for the SB Live! and a minidisc deck that provides digital
out (either TOSLink or coax).

Hope that helps,

Enno