=== The original message was multipart MIME            ===
 === All non-text parts (attachments) have been removed ===

Hi all, just joined this list after finding it at minidisc.org.   I'm an =
18 year old considering purchasing a minidisc player but I have some =
doubts...
First I'll explain what I want to do:

1.  Listen to music that I have in mp3s and CDs in a compact player
2.  Use this player while running or travelling.

As I see it, either a minidisc player/recorder  or one of the new mp3 =
players (like the Rio) would let me do the above.  I'm not too concerned =
with sound quality as long as I can't tell a big difference between the =
two.  I'm not really interested in pre-recorded MDs.

Here are my concerns with MD:
1. Expensive
2. May be a dying medium?
  MD isn't very popular/common in the US and very few people seem to be =
aware of it.  It hasn't been marketed much and there's the possibility =
that newer things will replace it (like Mp3 players, CD-RW, and maybe =
writable DVD).   I know you all will say that minidiscs are better but =
if the format dies out or doesn't get greater support, it won't matter =
how much you love it. =20
I'm also worried that if the music industry cracks down, they may =
somehow make it impossible to rip CDs or record mp3s (might take a few =
years to happen but it might happen).

I'm considering the following MD players/recorders:
Sony MZ-R70 - $179 at eMall
Sony MZ-R37 - $159 at eMall   (MSRP is $299!)
Sharp MD-MS722 - $225 at freeshipping.com

If I get an MD, I'd probably get the MZ-R37 but I'll listen to =
opinions...
I'm not sure if it's worth the cost though.... Give me opinions on =
whether you think I should get an mp3 player or an MD...
Sorry for the long message and all the questions but I'd love a quick =
response (I'm anxious to get the MZ-R37 if I am getting it)  :)

 === MIME part removed : text/html; ===