You will be able to make a digital copy of the soundtrack, but I don't
believe you'll be able to make another copy unless you have something
to bypass the scms bit.  As for sound loss, there will be a minor
degredation of the sound since you are decoding the data, passing it
to the new MD and reencoding it.  If memory serves me correctly you don't
notice the generational loss on the newer ATRAC versions till like
the fourth or fifth copy down the line.  Check out www.minidisc.org
and follow the info on ATRAC for the details.

-Jeffrey