* Ralph Smeets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Tue, 02 May 2000
| 1) EVERY recording methode is limitied by the bandwidth the recording-media
|    provides. But you can't call it compression.

When you deliberately cut the frequency response to fit a given medium, you
can in a general sense call it a form of compression.

| 2) A very basic A/D rule:
|    - Each analog signal with frequency x, can be reproduced when sampled at
|      2x and played back with 2x.
|    Ie, you aren't trowing away any information here!

You are throwing away all frequencies >x.

| 3) The bandwidth of tape is normaly smaller (with the exception of
| metal-tape) than the bandwidth of CDs.

I did not compare tape to CD.  I compared LD to CD.

| 4) Vinyl has a higher bandwidht than CD, but I've yet to see an LP that uses
| it's full potential.

I did not compare vinyl to anything.

| 5) CDV IS NOT the combination of LDV and CD. The video on CDV is also
| digital.  LDV is analog.

Video-CD, not CD Video.  Video-CD is analog.

[...]
| Cheers,
| Ralph -> hoping that you see that you're trying to redifine things here!

I had thought that would be obvious by now.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \