Jeanmougin wrote:

> Why audio MD can't record data. How can the recorder make the difference
> between audio data stream and computer data stream? Explain me.

Because the MD recorder compresses the signal using a lossy
psychoacoustic compression scheme.  So when you play it back, it sounds
like it is the same to you, but it is not the same and the computer will
know it is not the same and the checks (CRC redundancy or whatever) it
makes will come out wrong and the data will be rejected.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways