The consensus is don't use a head cleaner because you risk damaging the
unit.  THe laser lens is plastic.  It isn't built like a magnetic head
on a tape machine and shouldn't contact the disc.  If you bought a head
cleaner, your best bet is to throw it away.  Only use it as a last
resort, just before you take it in to be repaired.