=== The original message was multipart MIME            ===
 === All non-text parts (attachments) have been removed ===

Howdy all, I am not sure if this was mentioned when the discussion was =
going on about a computer doing the atrac compression, but it seems to =
me that there already is an encoder out there.  Sony has one with thier =
memory stick thingies.  All the discussion about if a computer could =
encode atrac (even though it is just atrac 3) is a moot point.  what =
should be asked is someone that has one of these devices, how quickly =
does it take to encode a song?  anyway if someone has one of these =
things i would be interested in knowing more specifics about it.  That =
would also give us more info on how fast a transfer would be if sony =
ever decided to put a usb port on a md player to shoot music over to it.

 === MIME part removed : text/html; ===