To John, who asked:
>I have a question for Windoze gurus.  Can I turn off file locking on
>a file?  On occasion, I'd love to start playing the files I record
>before the recording is finished but the file is locked until the
>recording is finished.

It's quite simple, really--I'm surprised you audiophile brainiacs didn't
help him with this one.  You can't 'turn off' file locking, but just go
into explorer, right-click on the file currently being downloaded (it will
most likely show a size of 0 KB--click on properties to see how much has
downloaded so far, refresh the dir if needed too) and copy it to a
different directory.  It will continue downloading the original file and
you can listen to whatever you downloaded so far, chopped at the point you
copied it.  This works for most file types (*.rm, *.mov, *.viv), if not
all.  Who says you can't learn anything from downloading porn?  Gates is
the man.

Roger Hunter