Byron wrote:
> I bought some cheap Memorex blanks long before I finally ordered an MD
> device. Now that I am finally using them, I really REALLY like the slip
> cases. No hinges to think about breaking, no fumbling with it to remove the
> disc... very simple and effective.
>
> As far as I can tell, the only advantage to flip style cases is that they
> feature a paper liner (much like blank cassette tape cases) which gives the
> user space to write about the MDs contents.

I have all slip cases.  The brands that I have are mainly TDK, Memorex,
Sony.  IMHO, the slip cases are a lot sturdier than the flip cases.  If
you drop a slip case, you just pick it up.  If you drop a flip case, you
have to  buy a new one or put up with a broken hinge.

OTOH, minidiscs are so sturdy, many people don't even bother with cases
at all.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways