* Ed Heckman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Fri, 26 May 2000
| -- The R50 can be charged while playing or recording. The R90 cannot.

Given the R50's woefully short battery life, it needs this.  The R90's NiMH
cell lasts three to five times as long as the R50's NiCD cell.  Charge
while playing is unnecessary on the R90.

| -- The remote on the R90 does not have a track mark button. The R50 does.

The remote has nothing to do with the unit.  In fact, the R50's remote can
be used with the R90 and vice-versa.

| -- The R50 had a thumb wheel. The R90 has a jog lever. I definitely
| prefer the thumb wheel when creating titles.

The R50's thumbscrew is worse than the R30's.  The R90's jog lever is much
better at preventing repetative stress pain.

| -- The R90 is MUCH more sluggish than the R50 in startup and track seek
| times. (R90 Startup = 8 sec. R50 Startup = 2 sec.)

This is the only misfeature on the R90, and a small price to pay for more
than 10 hours of playback battery life on the tiny NiMH cell.

| -- The placement and shape of the main buttons (Play, Stop, FFwd, and
| Rwnd) on the R50 is much better than those of the R90.

Not really.  And the R50's buttons are smaller.

| -- The track mark placement on the R90 is less precise than the R50.

If that degree of precision is a requirement, why aren't you using a studio
deck for editing?
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ away immediately. Seek shelter and cover