finny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>You can spend money out the wazoo on separate preamps, amps, dvd
>player or whatever, but if you hook it up to a set of $200 dollar
>speakers, your money is wasted.

Unless those $200 speakers are from PSB, NHT, Dyna, etc., in which case
they'll sound better than most speakers that cost much more ;-)

Sorry, couldn't resist...

>What do the acoustics of my room have to do with speaker
>quality?

Because the combination of speakers and room acoustics is very important.
A $200 pair of Alphas in the right room can sound better than a pair of
$1000 speakers in a room with bad acoustics.