This is why I love Circuit City...

I bought a Aiwa FM-70 (whichever model is the recorder) a little over a
year ago along with Circuit City's extended warranty.  Anyhoo, a few months
ago the Aiwa failed on me so I went back to Circuit City to get a new
one.  Well, little beknownst to me Circuit City had almost completely
abandoned MD.  Since they had no other substitutes to give me, they offered
me either a floor-model replacement, to fix mine or to give me a complete
refund.  Well, needless to say, I took my money and ran.  Anyway, to make a
long story short, Circuit City is a good place to buy electronics =).  Oh,
and the best way I would recommend to handle your Best Buy problem: BITCH
at a manager.  If you go to a manager in an angry fashion (not stupid and
mean) and reasonably explain your dilemma, I'm sure they'd rather help you
out than fuck around with an angry customer.  So far, that method has fixed
every altercation I ever had with Best Buy.  I feel your pain; good luck.

---
matt
"we, on the other hand, feel "screw you""