Does anyone have experience of installing this kind of remote ?
(..or can point me in the right direction).

I'm interested how it is affixed to the steering column for example.
Does it require modification of the dashboard ?
<<

Assuming you dont have one as its kinda obvious....

The remote plugs into the head unit in the back via a 1/8 "stereo" mini plug
type connection.

The "joystick" is not that large.

I put mine down near the edge of the shifter console.
No - I cant see it at all, but thats the point. I change
settings/volume/track/disk etc all by feel.

There are two ways to attach it.
The unit that I have (the 1st generatuion one) had a base plage
you could double stick tape the base plae or you could use
the tiny screws.
There is the capability to drill a hole in the base plate to hide the wire.

EWong