* "Matt L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Mon, 26 Jun 2000
| what do people think about the new mp3 discmans. you can fill a cdr  OR
| !!cdrw!! with mp3s and this discman size player will play the mp3s and
| display the title names and everything.

So, you have all the drawbacks of treating a CD as a portable media --
which it is not -- combined with all the drawbacks of MPEG 1 Layer III
audio, all in one unit.  Plus you need a $500 computer and a $300 CD-R/W
burner in addition to the combo player, instead of a $150 CD player.

Please excuse me, but I have a difficult time seeing this as an improvement.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Ingredients of Happy Fun Ball include an
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ unknown glowing substance which fell to