I've been pondering the best way to back up the audio files on my computer.
MD is somewhat cumbersome, as I have to play/record the files manually at
1X.  Not to mention the generational loss of ATRAC.  I'm hesitant to back up
to audio CD because of the synchronization problems often encountered when
reading audio CD's.

So maybe backing up the WAV files to a data CDR is best.  I noticed that
Sony's CD Extreme program puts *full* pathnames in its "job" files, so if I
back up the job file (that it used for creating an audio CD from the WAV
files) to the data CD along with the WAV files, I will have to restore them
to the hard drive before creating another audio CD.

Also, I don't immediately see a way to "automatically" create an MD from the
WAV files, either the backup CDR or if I restore them to the HD.

All of this points to what I said in my earlier post:  Sony needs to better
integreate their software.  With both the MDS-PC2 MD recorder and CDX100E/X2
CD recorder on the same system, I could accomplish some awsome things with
the right software