* las <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Mon, 17 Jul 2000
| B but possibly also A<G>.  Unless you are an executive at one of the
| companies that manufactures both headphones and earbuds, there is know way to
| know with perfect certainty that it cost more to make earbuds.

Sure we can.  We don't know how much different, and we can make some
educated guesses.  Earbuds cost more for equivalent sound quality for the
simple reason that everything is smaller.  Reducing size increases cost.
That's basic manufacturing math.

| In a way you are comparing apples and oranges.  That's because there are
| limitations as to how good you can make earbuds.  At a certain point they
| become as good as they can get.  But the whole thing is so subjective.

Yeah, but that point has a price point of around $80 retail.

| If you took a dozen people and had a dozen pair of earbuds and asked each
| person to audition them (using the same exact music music source and
| reproductive system) you would get some interesting results.

As if you wouldn't get similar results with the kind of crappy headphones
that are bundled with portables.

And that still doesn't change the fact that earbuds cost more to make than
equivalent headphones.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ returned to its special container and