Does anyone know anything about the Pioneer MJ-D707? I'm seriously thinking
of buying one this week from Richer Sounds (149.95 GBP) and just wondered
if anyone out there had one and/or knew of any problems with the unit. From
the stuff on the Pioneer website, it looks pretty good - especially the
digital connections - optical & coax in & out, which will be very useful
for me.

The other 2 options for me would be the Sharp MD-R1(H) for 139.95 GBP, but
it doesn't have as many features, and is a mini-sized unit, or there's the
Sony MDS-JE530, but I'm not too keen on the Sonys as I've heard about loads
of problems with them, and I think Sony's quality has gone down hill
lately. I've played with both a 510 and a 520 and they both have problems
with the loading mechanism, which I was not impressed with...

Cheers,

Richard