On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 23:11:15 +0100 Raymond West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> About 20 years ago I asked RS for a catalogue and account, but they
> wouldn't deal with me because my level of trade was too low.........After
> about six months I got a semi abusive phone call from them criticizing me
> for not ordering from them.

oops.. If RS had ever treated me like that, I certainly wouldn't be using
them... In the same breath, i have to say that if I didn't work for an
educational establishment, I would have been dealt with in the same way,
considering the small amount i order from them.

The account the uni has was in existence long before I started working
here, and I tend to order from the same (smaller) companies I used when I
was in other jobs, but in some cases i am constrained to using
organisations the uni has existing accounts with (garbled defense ends
here..). In my limited experience of them, they have been okay..

I s'pose it boils down to whether you have an evil corporation behind you
or not (note to Brunel e-mail monitors... you KNOW you are an evil
corporation.. don't try to wriggle out of it..!).

I didn't mean to inadvertantly pull wool over anyones eyes! Don't use RS,
they treat you like *@$*!

yeah, i'm done now.

sean.

Sean Buckingham