From: "las" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I think that there should be a national boycott on buying prerecorded CDs and
> tapes.  If the record industry's sales dropped by 25% or more, I think that
> they would be forced to have a change of heart!!  Or should I say brain.  I
> think that shutting down Napster is going to backfire on the music industry.
>
> Maybe when Metallash!t has to keep canceling concerts because they can't sell
> enough tickets, they'll have a change of heart too!!  They are got to be lower
> then pond scum.  Even lower then lawyers!!! (if you can get that low!!).  They
> are suing their fans!!!!  This has got to be a first.
>
> I think that they should be glad they can give their music away, let alone
> actually get paid for that crap (IMHO).
>
> Boycotts have worked in the past.  When I was a little boy (a million years
> ago) living in NYC they started a boycott against s company called Judy Bond
> Clothes.  They had shopping bags that said "Don't buy Judy Bond Clothes".
> There's no Judy Bond clothes anymore is there??
>
> Regards,
> Larry

Right on, lets all stop buying CDs and more importantly, tell all our
friends to stop buying them and why.  If you really need some music use
a Napster alternative (I bet in a matter of weeks the net will be flooded
with napster type servers-- the music industry is playing a losing game
thinking shutting down Napster will save them and if they haven't seen
that they need their vision examined.

Cmon, its happened with [my fave download type] classic arcade roms-- the
giants shut down arguably *the* site for everything, now there is more
than ever on numerous sites which sprang up in response to serve the
demand-- all with everything the original main site had.  By blowing one
apart, the moguls created a dozen sites all doing the same.  They may be
a little harder to find but the extra bandwidth is helpful and when you
find one, you've found them all cos they link to each other in true web
culture.

When will media giants learn they can't control the internet?  They have
to live with it and accept things are a little different here.  I spend
money on the net (like my 30gig drive I installed tuesday) but bullying
by large corporations seriously p!sses me off and they're not gonna get
any income through that!

PrinceGaz.