>If you have no way of paying for something then how can it be
>stealing??? It's not stealing if there is no way to pay for it!!

>Not true at all.

TOTALLY agree... sorry las, but i don't think you can legitimately back up
that arguement!..... i'm not saying that i don't have mp3's of stuff that
is hard to find.. but i wouldn't deny that technically i don't have any
write to own the music.. I'd just rather be paying the artist instead of
the label. that doesn't justify the artist getting *nothing* though.

OK, I take that statement back.  I'm entitled to one statemement made in the
heat of the monent.  But I don't totally take it back.  The point that I am
trying to make is that a) a person wants something.  b) it is made available to
them.  c)they know that has value and that the persons who created it are
entitled to some renumeration for it, but there is nothing in place to make a
payment.

I guess the best way to put it is that the majority of people who use Napster
aren't doing so solley for the purpose of getting totally free music.  They
would be will to pay a modest fee.  Don't forget that these downloads are going
to be of varied quality:  CD quality since they are compresssed.  So I don't
think that they are worth paying an excessive amount for.

Larry