Well, I can't speak for what is happening at BestBuy now, but I used to
work there, and their training and understanding of what is actually
happening with any of the products they sell, is VERY limited.  BestBuy
hasn't been a huge promoter of MD, since it didn't take off like crazy
in the States.  There have been a number of rumors about them dropping their
MD line due to lack of sales for a few years now. I don't think MD is stealing
from the CD market, or that MD is going out of business (which corporation
was that? *snicker*)

Sounds like Best Buy is going out of brain!

MD will be around for a while, so I wouldn't worry too much.

-Jeffrey