I just found out that Radio Shack has now officially "devalued" their
Portable CD Player Power Pack. This unit was originally priced at
$40.00.
Now they are going for $1.00 (one dollar). I love these things. I have
been
using a couple of them with my portable DAT player for a couple of
years.
They claim up to 20 hours of run time and enough charges to replace
5,000
alkaline batteries. The output is 3 - 4.5v. It recharges with any 4.5v
wall
wart. It even mentions "mini-disc players" on the casing. If you are
lucky
enough to find one for a buck, buy it. That is a bargain even if you use
it
for a paper weight. I am not sure about the shelf life so those that
remain
in the stores could be nearing the end but . . .

Jim Lee

James S. Lee    | Net: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Communication Studies, CB# 6235 | Phn: 919-962-4963
University of North Carolina - CH | Fax: 919-962-3305
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-6235  | Web: www.unc.edu/~jimlee/