More often than not, you're not going to notice much difference, unless
your analog connections carry any hum or feedback.

If you get little repeats and such from your PC on the analog connection,
you'll also get them on the digital connection, although you should only
get them when recording from WAV or MP3 files on your hard drive.  If
recording from your CD/DVD-ROM drive, the only thing you should have to
worry about is your Windows events sounds popping up in the middle of
your recordings.  For those instances, I always turn off WAV playback
while recording from my CDs.