Chris wrote,

| If you don't use a stripper and two MD recorders, you can't clone a pre-rec
| MD or record individual tracks off of it ...

Why would one need a stripper to copy an individual track from a premastered
MD (or for that matter, to copy the entire disc)?  Yes, it takes two record-
ers (or a player plus a recorder, or a dual deck), but why would one need a
stripper?

Premastered MDs have their SCMS bits (with no exceptions I've ever heard of,
unlike CDs) to allow one generation of digital copying.  Even if they didn't,
one could still copy by analog transfer.  One doesn't need an SCMS stripper.

So Chris, what kind of stripper did you mean?  A varnish solvent?  An ecdysi-
ast to entertain you during the dubbing process?