On Sat, 19 Aug 2000 10:56:21 -0400, las <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>The Ratman is right again. Psychosomatic is strictly a medical term.
>Sometimes medical terms do end up finding there way into other areas,
>such as a "virus". But this has not happened to the term
>psychosomatic yet.

That's not quite true, Larry. If you look up "psychosomatic" in a modern
dictionary, it has two definitions. The first is medical. The second is
"relating to or concerned with the influence of the mind on the body" and
can relate to any situation where the mind can influence the body's
perception.

Not that we're still on-topic or anything ;-)