Dan Frakes wrote:
Sounds more like mob rule than democracy to me ;-) After all, if the

> majority of the population thinks you should give them your savings
> account, should you?

The way I was always taught, our government (US) was set up where
majority rules and minority has rights.  If the majority want to be able
to download music for free, and the minority don't want them to, then
just don't make their music available to the public.

Ah, you see it has nothing to do with majority infringing in the rights
of the minority.  It has to do with money.  Nothing but money.

In this country we hire incompetent teachers to mold the future of our
nation and pay them modest salaries.  You get what you pay for.  (Which
is not to say that there aren't some amazingly good teachers that are
still being  paid sh!t).

 At the same time we have this poor slob who takes always your garbage
and can't afford to send his kids to college.  Because we do not reward
hard work.  We pay people obscene amounts of money to have fun!!

What do they call it when you participate in a baseball game or a band??
PLAYING!!!   These people are doing just that.  And I don't buy the
excuse about all of the pressure on these guys hitting a little ball with
a stick.

The pressure on them is no greater then the kid in college who want's his
team to make the state championship and doesn't see a dime for it (OK,
before you say it, some of these kids get athletic scholarships).

I know loads of guys who get up early Sunday morning to go out and PLAY
ball.  They do it for fun.  They don't get paid for it.  If you like
playing ball, it is fun.

There is nothing wrong with a person enjoying what he/she does for a
living.  Its great if someone actually loves what they do.  But most
people, even if they love it, are under a great deal of pressure and have
a great deal of responsibility.

What responsibility does a rock star have??  I love rock and have loved
it for more years than I care to mention.  I've been in bands when I was
young.  But if they stopped making rock tomorrow (or any other kind of
music for that matter); if they stopped having ball games tomorrow etc.,
would it really make that much difference?

Now if all of those poor slobs stopped taking away your garbage, in about
2 weeks you'd start considering paying them obscene amounts of money to
get rid of it for you.  By the time  the rats as big as lions started
taking over your neighborhood, you be willing to pay millions to get rid
of the rats and the garbage.

To me music is something you do because you have a passion for it.  If
people are willing to pay you money to make music that's fine.  But the
minute it is no longer about the music, but about the money instead, you
are no longer an artist and your passion has turned to lust.

Now I have to figure a way to tie this in with MD??  OK that poor slob
garbage man wears a set of headphones and a MD walkman while he is
picking up the garbage.  You can't play ball and do that!!

Larry