las wrote:

> > Do dentists deserve being paid to hurt people?  There are a lot more
> > starving artists out there than there are starving dentists.
> >

> The above statement has got to be the one of the stupidest that I have ever heard.
> I'm very disappointed that an intelligent person like you would make such a
> statement.

Some how I knew that would get your attention.  I think we are  taking
up too much "bandwidth" with this discussion.  The bottom line is
dentists sell their services and expect to be compensated.  They may or
may not enjoy their work.  Artists, do escentially the same.  Some make
it big, some don't.  There are a lot fewer that make the big bucks than
the ones that do.  Then there is the cost of producing the product.
Someone has to pay for that.  There is the cost of the bus  and
transportation for the band, sound equipment etc.  The band members have
to eat and be paid.  It isn't all fun and games like you imply.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways