Mark Linkhorst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>As for the way that addresses enter on the shipping label, I know
>first hand that the address that enters is the shipping address.  My
>guess is that
>you mixed up your billing and shipping address.

Nope.  This was a garage sale order; they *HAD* to take it over the
phone, even though (since I was unable to reach them 5 minutes before
their stated closing time) I left a credit card number on their
answering machine, and then emailed detailed shipping information.
The person I talked to said garage sale orders were entered into the
computer by hand (it prints UPS labels) and the person who did it
mixed them up.  Furthermore, when I called them, they *had* the
correct shipping address.

>When you would have checked the address via Minidisco tracking, the
>package could have been in Portland Oregon enroute to Rhode Island.

I didn't check the address via Minidisco tracking.  I checked it via
UPS tracking, which clearly states the delivery address and expected
delivery date.  The problem was simple to see at that point.

>The confirmation is for the purpose of letting you know the order was
>approved and being shipped.  Your tracking information
>will follow a day later with your order # for you to track

Why?

If the tracking number had arrived that day, the error would have
been caught 24 hours sooner.  That alone is a good reason for it to
go out immediately.

>UPS is a pain in the butt, what can Minidisco do?

They can offer other shipping options that are better for customers,
not necessarily for Mnidisco.

>It is the weekend, orders are not picked up or moved on weekends
>thanks to the union that UPS is working with.

UPS offers Saturday delivery around here.  Orders may not be picked
up, but they certainly are moved, since the package had to be IN DC
on Monday to be delivered on Monday.

>As for other shippers, Minidisco ships everything UPS.

Yes.  That's a problem.

>I should note, that you would have encountered the same problem with
>Fed Ex or US Mail had something been sent to the wrong place.
>Rerouting something is dependent upon flight schedules and much more.

I do not believe that would be the case, since FedEx *has* rerouted
packages before they arrived at their final destination, when exactly
the same problem happened with another shipper (Chaco sandals) due to
a mixup in shipping addresses.  And at the time I asked them to
reroute the package, Friday's flights hadn't *left* Philadelphia yet
(it was 3 in the afternoon there.)

>I'm sure you will not have a problem getting a refund on shipping.

Sure, but nothing *else* will be fixed.  I won't get a confirmation
number in email soon enough to catch errors early in the process.  I
won't be able to order garage sale items online, or even provide
detailed shipping information which would allow ME to enter my
shipping address instead of depending on their peon.  I won't have
the option of FedEx shipping, which is just plain better than UPS im
my experience.  And Minidisco will continue to be staffed with people
who don't seem to care much about losing a customer.

~ Kiran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--
  <http://www.io.com/contradance/> 1628 5th St NW Wash DC 20001 (202) 483-3373