[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Dan Frakes wrote:
> >
> > "J. Coon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >Damn Sony and there stupid refusal to get rid of that damnable END
> > >SEARCH button. Whoever disigned the END SEARCH button should be
> > >strung up by his petubies. After three years on using Sony R30 it
> > >still bites.
> >
> > Jim, did you see the news item on <http://www.minidisc.org/> today?
> > Sony's new MZ-R900 allows you to turn end search OFF!!!
>
> Finally they are starting to understand?  I hope the default is end
> search off.  When does it come on the market?  Does it have time and
> date stamp?

I don't think they are going to set the default to off. It would be stupid...
People would think 'hey what does this button do? Oh? I have to enable it! But
actually enabeling it makes me press more buttons! I better leave it off!'

Nah, you can't have that. Thus it ships enabled. This way the one and only,
award winning, untouchable, indestructable, premium, exlusif and sexy "End
Search" button can be kept. Face it, if they set the default to off, marketing
will say, he, what does this button do. And so they remove it! But with it, the
legend.....

Cheers,
Ralph -> writing rather b*llsh*t

Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE
  "For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then
   something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination:
   We learned to talk."
                -- Stephen Hawking, later used by Pink Floyd --