Dan Frakes wrote:

> Jim, you're simply trying to shove your point of view on everyone else.
> Those of us on digest are not stupid.

It has nothing to do with being stupid.  a lot of people get the digest
because they don'tknow how to set  up filters and folders.  Again, It
has nothing to do with being stupid.

> >For most people, digest mode doesn't solve
> >anything and creates a lot of problems.
>
> You cannot make such a blanket statement. That's your opinion, nothing
> more. And judging by the fact that most mailing lists have large
> proportions of digest subscribers, an opinion not shared by most people.

I can make it and I did.  While there are some people that are forced to
use rudimentary mailer program that can't sort mail automatically, and
some have a notification set when ever a messaage comes in, most people
can use individual messages to their advantage.

> >IMHO, people that don't like it can either skip over it and not read
> >it, or they can just delete it, or they can set up a filter and
> >delete it.
>
> Not if they subscribe to the digest (see above).

Get mindividual messages, (See above)

> >It certainly doesn't cause a big burden to see the title of a message
> >and then delete it.
>
> It does if you receive the digest (see above).

Get mindividual messages, (See above)

> Simple. What's the problem? The only one I've seen is...

Some people stick with digest mode and don't know how to change it.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways