I'm new to the list. I'm a photographer who wishes to purchase a MD
portable recorder. I plan to record live audio to accompany my photos.
My approach would likely involve a binaural mic setup, perhaps clipped
to the visor of my ballcap etc. I need help selecting a unit to serve my
purposes. I intend to dupe the audio down to a 4 track tape deck, add
music, narration or effects and mix.......then burn the whole mess to an
audio CD. I would like the unit to accept inputs too, for example if I
wanted to " borrow" some audio from a CD player, cassette while
traveling. So here goes my list:
INPUTS
* analog line level inputs ( RCA)?
* stereo mic / binaural mic input
* line level adjustment                          OUTPUTS
* stereo line out ( adapt to RCA for tape deck etc)
RECORD
* be able to erase in the field, and re-record
* fade desirable, not required
POWER
* AA backup aux pack,  or better yet....a unit that will accept AA
alkalines as a primary power source if necessary.
REMOTE
easy to use- illuminated

Does such a unit exist and where would you recommend I purchase one?
Thankyou for your help.                                 Mark Dottle