> Is there free software for Mac that I could use to make a compilation
> of few cd-quality sounds. I need fade in and out operation as well as
> possibility to overlap the sounds. I was able to do it with Apple
> imovie 1, but the result is movie file. I do not know how to transfer
> sound from movie file to e.g. aiff. I need to burn the sound into a
> audio cd.

I will suggest you get a free copy of Digidesigns ProTools when it comes out
on their website. It's one of my favroite applications of all time for
cutting, mixing, midi, midi triggers, fading, or what not. Good news is that
you don't need the fancy expensive Audiomedia card to use this version! And
did I mention it was free? :) Are they just releasing the Mac version?
Windows? or both? Thought this program might be overkill as it's most often
used by recording studios. And contains tons of stuff.

> Do anyone know if it is possible to use DVD interface on new Macs for
> digital audio in and out operations?

Dunno, the mac I have is 4 years old. If they have the header you can prob
make a transmitter.

tk