But if "better" means more faithful to the original, ATRAC R is still lossy, and
uncompressed digital audio on DAT or CD is better by that definition.

Firs of, David, I know I shouldn't be tying right now.

I get the distinct impression defined better as a fidelity thing.  And as you
stated, the answer is no.

The reason I say he meant fidelity is because until you even asked him to define
fidelity, I was about to e mail him no.  You multiple definition thing never even
crossed my mind.

That doesn't mean I am right though.  Just may have tunnel vision.  Having
"known" you for a long time from the net, I have formed two opinions about you.
The first is that you were a very good student when you were in school.

The second is that you seem like the kind of student that read things into the
question.  I used to do that.  But in my case it always worked against me.

They would ask for the color of the sky.  Now you should answer blue without even
thinking.  But I would be thinking, was the sun out???  Is it raining???  Is it
day time.  Except when I tried to get the teacher to clarify the question all I
get was a dirty look :)

Shanna Tova,
Larry