Simon Mackay wrote:

> MD isn't just useful for music on the move (car, portable) but for
> "presentation" applications. This is where audio is used as part of a
> presentation or similar application. The buffer comes in handy on MD decks
> equipped with auto-pause and fader; which brings MD into this realm. A track
> could contain a sound effect; music used to dance to, sing to or line some
> "patter".

When I wrote my note, I was referring only it's use with regard to music.  I
should have stated that.  There are many non musical uses but these have never
been "pushed" (the manufactures haven't done a very good pushing job of any
kind) by the manufactures.

There has only been one unit that I know of specifically designed for business
and it is was expensive.

There is no question that these units (and especially the new LP units) are
great for "taking notes".  But the primary use for the mini disc will always be
for music.  The percentage of units never used for music is probably close to
zero (as opposed to those tiny mini cassette units that are never used for
music).

Larry