>From the quill of Jim Coon,

| How about high speed MD to MD copy?  THere are tape duping machines,
| that will do that.  is there one for MD?

Only at pro grade, though if it complied with SCMS a consumer-grade model
presumably could be designed  There are dual-well CDP/CDR units that do it,
but if the source is SCMS-final and machine has to make an analog transfer,
which goes at 1x.  A comparable MD unit would certainly have to make analog
transfers of SCMS-final sources at 1x because of the need to de-ATRAC and
re-ATRAC the data.

(The high-speed transfers on the Sony MDS-W1 comply with SCMS by deleting the
 source, so as much as I love my W1, I can't suggest it as an answer to Jim's
 question.)