For about $40 total, the Zoltrix Nightingale with the optical upgrade
board will give you coaxial spdif in and out. It's a PCI card.

In order to get the coaxial input, you have to make a coaxial connector
that you can add onto some jumpers on the optical board.  It's simple,
and if you screw up, you're only out $20 or so.  Here's a website with
info:

http://pipedreamer.bizland.com/zoltrix/

-steve