=== The original message was multipart MIME            ===
 === All non-text parts (attachments) have been removed ===

Hello everyone,

  I just got a MDS-JE920 from Minidisco and I'm quite pleased with it. Sure
it's not the most current model but it's more than adequate for my needs. :o)

  I was messing around with the remote that the 920 came with and discovered
it does indeed turn on my 320, which didn't come with a remote. (I understand
its replacement, the 330, does have a remote now.)

  I had heard that the remote from the 520 worked with the 320, but this
confirms it isn't the only one that will bring new life to the 320.

   I also discovered that my old 320 has some undocumented features that Sony
didn't bother letting us use, too!  By using the 920's remote, I can access
the Music Scan feature (in 6, 10 and 20 second samples), force the text
display to pause or re-scroll, achieve direct track access with the numbered
keypad, enter titles in with the remote and even utilize Music Sync!  Music
Scan and Music Sync Recording were real surprises to me, because they aren't
mentioned in the 320's owners manual, nor are they accessable from the front
panel.

  One of my few dislikes of my old 320 (besides that ugly turn-on bug) is the
lack of a syncro-start; I would have to start the MD and CD/etc machines at
the same time when recording... Turns out it was there all along, hidden. :o)

~Zach
<<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/zachr330"><The Cutting Edge of Nothing Significant</A>

 === MIME part removed : text/html; ===